Friday, 12 October 2007

Blood sweat and tears

A lot changes in 48 hours here!

Yesterday, a teacher trainer came to see me teach a class of monsters and told me that I should play more games with them - they could be playing up because they are bored....yes, but my thinking is that they play up now so i don't want to get them more excitable and hard to control. can't win.

Straight after she left, I had another lesson in the same school and a boy poked a girl in the back with a compass. She cried and then all hell broke loose. The headmaster came in and to prove that it didnt hurt, the boy poked himself in the arm 3, 4 times with the compass, and promptly bled. everywhere. Onto the table and everything. Great.

Today, I was even struggling with my usually calm nice class. The teacher said that I should play games with them that doesn't involve standing up etc etc. Again, something totally opposite to what I have been advised to do. During break time, all the little girls were playing with my flashcards and a tiny boy came over. I said in French, you alright? and he burst out into tears! Even the girls were completely perplexed to why he was crying. The teacher came over, took him away and I heard him saying 'I'm scared of her' (ie, me!) charming! The teacher then proceeded to explain that I was nice and that I liked sweets and chocolate etc etc. (!) I know it's qute normal for children to be a little frightened if someone speasks another langauge to them, but I asked him how he was in French! I'm losing my touch eh?!

All this after a fab moment of winning over a monsterette. She's renowed to be difficult in class and was a nightmare in my first lesson but I have won her over with the song 'one potato, two potato, three potato, four.... ' She ran up to me at the end of the lesson yesterday and told me she liked playing the game and even helped me collect the blobs of blutac off the blackboard! result! I just need to match the excitement of one potato....to keep her on my side. Heads shoulders knees and toes anyone!?

No comments:

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...