Wednesday, 24 October 2007

Home is where the baby is

I am sooooo looking forward to going home on Saturday! It's been 3 long months since I was last home. Things I'm looking forward to:

1. seeing the olds and Sammy of course
2. watching crap on tv. I'm hoping I can pick up the storyline to Hollyoaks in under 2 minutes.
3. meeting my new baby cousin called Niamh.

Actually, it seems there is baby fever in the air. Recently we've been saying 'congratulations' a lot. Julien's friends have just had a baby called Axel, a family friend had a baby called Loriane (i think it's spely like that...)....when Ju's brother rang up last night to ask if we'd heard the new, we replied, yea, she's called Loriane blah blah blah, but no, that wasn't the news! Ju's bro's girlfriend, Celine is pregnant! I screamed down the phone like any respected woman would do while julien started to discuss the train journey they would have to take at christmas rather than the car journey! Typical man eh?!

I keep pinching myself to believe it's true! I was very touched when Francois (ju's bro) said that I now had the decision between two words for auntie...Tata and Tatie. Yes, i'm becoming a tata emma. Or a tatie emmy!! hehe. Anyway, I was touched that they really do think of me as family. It's a total shame that they have just moved to Toulouse to be closer to Celine's family. I was gutted when they left as Celine was the closest thing I had to a french girlfriend here! grrr. Oh well, all the more reason to go and visit them !! I haven't spoken to Ju's mum yet but I'm sure she was overjoyed and probably screamed louder than I did!!


So, back to normal things, I smell burning coming from my oven....lunch is served!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hi Emma!

Congrats on finding out you'll be an aunt! I just found out I'll be an aunt too!

I live in Annecy (next to Switzerland) and this is my 2nd year being an assistant. I've only been here a year, but I'm planning on staying indefinitely. Not sure what job I can get next year though - I thought we could only do the assistantship 2 years? I'll gladly do it a 3rd year if I can.

Hope all is well up north!

- Jennie

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...