Monday, 7 January 2008

Blood, sweat but NO tears

In October I blogged about my nightmare school where all hell breaks loose on a regular basis and where a boy bled everywhere on trying to prove that a compass point being poked into one's arm didn't hurt. Well, today, in the same school (no surprises there) a little girl of 7 years cut her bottom lip with the scissors that she was munching on and bled EVERYWHERE. Thankfully there was another adult in the room and she took care of it. It was like vampire blood. It streamed from her lip like she had eaten teacher for lunch. Amazingly she didn't cry, although I nearly did because I was left with the job of clearing the blood up that was left on her desk and the floor. I think the other children learnt a valuable lesson there (well, two...the second being you can't use the board eraser sponge to clear up blood....two seconds later and they would have done, with only nasty consequences for smearing blood all over the blackboard...nice.)

Another wonderful day at school, n'est-ce que pas?!

1 comment:

Leah said...

That's a very nice welcome back...or not so much! Eww!!

About the CAPES, since you are from the EU, you can do the public school one which is easier in terms of not having extra paperwork, meetings, etc. That being said, it is extremely hard and I've heard that about 25-30% actually past the big exams at the end of the year. If you know you want to teach English at the secondary level and are ready to work hard, then it is totally doable. Last year, the best test scores in my region were gotten by an English girl...so it is doable for us English speakers! Lemme know if you have any other questions about it or, if you want, you can give me your email and I'll email a summary of the program I wrote up for someone asking about the program and instead of the mini novel I've written here, you'll get the full novel version! Lemme know:)

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...