Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Oops, I did it again....

It has been brought to my attention that I've been neglecting my blog and as a result my nearest and dearest are at a loss to my movements ... I tend to assume people psychically 'know' things about my life and then realise that 'no, i didn't actually tell you did I?!'

So, time being imited, I'll fill you in in a bullet point fashion (sorry!)

1. We're moving house ! We found the cutest and cleanest terraced house ever in Amiens and we're moving in at the end of April. It was meant to be sooner but the landlady is away in April so we can't do the papers in time for it to be sooner. I'm so impatient to move in. We have already chosen the new bedroom furniture we're going to buy and the sofa we want and alas, we can't buy it yet. I'm having nightmares that in the meantime every single branch of a certain swedish shop will run out of the furniture and that likewise for the sofa. I want to buy it all right now just to be sure, but seriously, nothing much else will fit into our 35m2 shoebox. aggghhhh.

2. Easter was super early this year wasn't it? It's usually near my birthday in April, but March 23rd?! eep. I realised this year for the first time that Easter in France is not like at home. In France all the chocolate eggs etc aren't really 'branded'. I guess there're not in fashion. At home, you can't see the Easter bunny for Mars, Twix, Maltesers, Dairy Milk, Celebrations chocolate eggs. Here, chocolate chickens are quite fashionable. hum, quite. We had a very festive raclette party at Ju's parents' house as they weren't there, and I spent most of the night serving myself drinks (French girls don't drink, and well, I do!) and listening to all of Ju;' friends who are having houses built for them, or are getting married or pasced (don't ask) and I was feeling quite out of the project! I got asked when we were getting married and when we were having a baby....like, no! Stop.

3. Work is much the same. Although to be honest, I think I'm coping a lot better with the monsters. I expect less from them, stress less when they are frankly nighmarish and chill out much more quickly when I get home. I have learnt to cut off from them! Hurrah! Their English evaluations are starting on Thursday in my three schools which should see me through until the end of next week when, yes, I have two weeks off (Easter holidays...two weeks late!) Doing the evalautions are exhausting and SOOOO repetitive for me. Imagine...I have 3 schools, 8 classes, uum, 100 pupils... Yes, you get the picture! I will be doing the same thing 100 times over. yikes. At least it doesn't requite much preparation because......

4. Tomorrow I'm going to see England Vs France in la stade de France in Paris with Julien, his Dad and Brother. Go England Go!! It will be slightly amusing to be sitting with them but cheering against them! I hope we sit next to some England supporters otherwise I will be outnumbered in my cries of ROONEY and be drowned out by cries of HENRY. Dear god let England win, else I will never live it down! I'm outnumbered!

5. As we're moving, the paperwork is starting all over again, I have to change everything....so, I'm off to the banque now to get am estimation on house insurance etc etc. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Hi Emma,

I just found your blog! I was just thinking the same thing a few days before Easter about that "branded" thing you mentioned... I DO miss Cadberry Eggs, Whoppers malted milk ball eggs, and of course.. the pastel m&ms we get every year at Easter time! I am really big on holidays.. having worked with kids for so many years, so it's a bit of a let down that things aren't as "festive/commercialized" here.. Yet, I do have to admit, the chocolate things here for Easter found in the boulanger are works of art... and at artist's prices, too! Hope you had a nice Easter...
Take care, Leesa

Crystal said...

finally a blog update! haha just kidding...

sounds like things are looking up no? Almost done work, moving house, your birthday! Any plans for the big day?

We have to get together again soon and get drunk in the afternoon at that australian bar.

Good luck with the impending rush of paperwork...I'm not looking forward to that myself in a few months' time. But just think of how happy you'll be when it's all done and you are moved into your new house with your new furniture. I cant wait to see!

Biz.

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...