Tuesday, 8 July 2008

From the dark side

I am quickly stealing a few minutes at summer camp to write this. I've been here a week now, and only a week to go. It has been harder than I remember from last year....

The kids are slightly older this year (up to 13 years old) and they are, on the whole, pains in the bums. The oldest ones are officially 'teenagers' so do not want to cooperate in any way shape or form, making lessons, activities and bedtime quite tough!

I teach up to 4.5 hours of English lessons a day to French, Russian, Spanish and Italian children and then supervise the activities the other times. I have 4.5 hours *off* every day and in this time I have to prepare all my lessons for the next day. By 11pm I am exhausted and flop into bed only to be woken up at 6am usually by a kid on the phone to his/her parents outside my bedroom. It is relentless.

I had my only day off today and I went to see my friends in a neigbouring city last night. We went to a bar but I was practically asleep on the sofa in the bar by half past midnight and had to go to bed.

In a week and a half I'll be back in France and on my way to Biarritz in the South for a holiday. I can't wait!

No comments:

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...