Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Having long holidays isn't good for your health on the flip side

I am still alive, just. I started my lectrice job on Monday and have been hit by a wall of work and exhaustion. A million and one things to remember, each class with their special needs, exams, mentors. I'm swimming. Just about keeping my head above water. I came home today and sat for over two hours. I didn't move a muscle in all that time (ok, internet surfing on laptop on lap doesn't count as muscle usage - is a reflex trained action) and when I moved, I felt nautious. I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing that's not a good sign. I have zero appetite. I'm hungry and when food is put in front of me, I can't eat it.

All that aside, I'm sure these feelings will pass. Being on holiday for 11 weeks makes you lazy and I'm suffering from the change of pace. The students are as I expected, nothing that I haven't seen before although dealing with classes that have both bilingual students and ones that can hardly string a sentence together will be challenging I'm sure.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

hang in there emma...this is just the transitional period. As soon as you adjust to a new routine, you'll feel a lot better i'm sure. But dont let the stress get to you, a 12-hour a week job isnt worth you being sick and miserable. Take each day as it comes and know I'm still just a phone call away. When you want to get away for a few days, feel free to come to paris!

Rebecca said...

Crystal's right--I can't even believe how exhausted I was when I first started working. It takes a little time to (re-)adjust. Hang in there!

Frankofile said...

Best of luck, Emmy. There's a little award waiting for you at my place - don't worry if you don't want to pick it up, just thank you for blogging.

Frankofile said...

Good luck with the job, and well done already. Pop over to my place where there's an award waiting for you. Don't feel you have to pick it up if you're just too busy - I simply wanted to let you know you're appreciated.

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...