Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Ice hockey....allez amiens allez

At the weekend we went to an ice hockey match in Amiens. Amiens has a very good ice hockey team so we thought we'd go to see what all the fuss was about!

I had such a good time despite not really understanding the rules! I kind of guessed them as we went along, We were sat in the Amiens supporters area and the atmosphere was great! 10/10 for effort...there was a group of about 30 people with flags and drums that chanted and sang for 2.5 hours nonstop! Even now I can remember the chants!

Unfortuntately Amiens lost 2 - 1 to Tours and I must say, the supporters were not graceful in defeat! Everyone booed and stomped their feet in disgust as the Tours team celebrated their win.

The atmospehere was great and it's clear that people are really into it. There were a few fights on the rink which was quite exciting too.

I've always liked contact sports like Rugby and Karate and I think I could get into Ice hockey! It's really physical, quick paced and easy to get into. Just don't hold your breathe in seeing me on the rink. I can barely stand up on ice skates, never mind play a sport! Definately a spectatotr sport for me!

No comments:

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...