Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Blocus or no Blocus, that is the question

So then, it's official. There is now a blockade that is being formed at the uni where I work. They plan to block access until at least Monday. I wouldn't mind so much, but I still have to prepare my lessons for tomorrow just in case I can get in and hold classes. My Thursday lessons are suffereing loads because there is always a strike or demonstration on Thursday. I think tomorrow is a general strike day too so I'm not even sure i'll be able to get to see the blockade if there are no buses to take me to aforementioned place. I'm getting into the swing of things though...on hearing the blockade news, I shrugged, pouted and rolled my eyes all in one smooth, almost French action. Vive la frencness I say.

2 comments:

Andromeda said...

Hey, don't think I've commented before, so figured I'd delurk since I reacted the same way to the strikes at my University! And I've seen my Thursday students all of twice since December. They're all first year English majors, so they're bad enough to begin with, hopefully they can still pass their year despite all the strikes.

Jennie said...

I'm jealous! Absolutely nothing is happening at my university. No blockades, no strikes, nothing! I want time off!!!! lol

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...