Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Kin Ball

In my quest for an improved life, I've been thinking about doing some sport. Yes, even thinking about it is a huge step forward for me....

I was reading a local free regional magazine this afternoon and came across an organisation in Amiens that is introducing young people to sports and it mentioned Kin Ball as one of them. As I have nothing better to do, I looked it up and frankly, I'm speechless. You may or may not know about this sport, but you should watch this video twice as the first time I saw it, I just thought 'WTF' but now it's growing on me.... why doesn't this sport exist in the UK? gym lessons would have rocked.

There are 3 teams of four players. One team calls out another team and that team must stop the ball from touching the ground. If it touches, the team who called out gets the point. The players in the video are SOOOO into it. I do wonder about carpet burns though..... Video in French

3 comments:

Crystal said...

no way! I used to play that in gym class at school in Canada! It's fun but if you're small and don't like being jostled around (comme moi) it's pretty terrifying. Just like dodgeball. *shudder*

L said...

The Qu├ębecois accent is just great as well!

Rachel said...

looks like if its fitness and bruises you're after emmy then this is for you :)

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...