Thursday, 11 June 2009

and the pascée ate sandwiches

J and I got pasced yesterday! 


After getting all the paperwork together, we waited for our appointment and at lunchtime yesterday, holding pinkies under the table, we got pasced. 


I even managed to OUTSMART a fonctionnaire by providing an orginal copy of my birth certificate which I'd paid £10 for and got sent to France just in case. The French are obsessed with original documents aren't they and us Brits only get 1 birth certificate that stays with us for life. Although I was told that I wouldn't need a copy, that they understand that our original is unique, I thought I'd pay for an official copy quand meme and bingo, the woman in front of demanded an official copy. Bye bye £10 copy, hello nice simple pacs procedure. Me: 1 Them: oh millions....


After the signing procedure, we ate cheese and ham sandwiches in the park and went to a café for a hot chocolate and a cake. I had a merveilleuse au chocolat cake for the first time and would totally recommend them. yummy. J left me to go back to work and in the evening we went to a new brochette restaurant in Amiens and we had champagne apéro followed by brochettes and beer! haha. It was great!


J was very wonderful and bought me a white gold and tiny diamond ring which I fell in love with at first sight in the shop. We picked it up just before we got pasced. It's simple but beautiful and I can't stop taking sneaky looks to see how it sparkles in the sunlight. 


I'm feeling very spoilt today!

7 comments:

Andromeda said...

Congratulations!! I just got the call giving us an appointment in July, so funny coincidence, all the pacs action today.

Frankofile said...

Congratulations! Brilliant - I loved the paperwork triumph; and the simplicity of your celebrations.

Can we see a photo of the ring? Please?

Crystal said...

i left you a message on msn...congratulations on this good news but I must say I'm completely surprised!!!!

Ksam said...

congratulations!!

au soleil levant said...

Congratulations! And you even outsmarted the French bureaucracy! That makes it a pretty perfect day.

Leah said...

Aww, sounds like a perfect pacsing day! Congrats, Emmy!! :)

L said...

Congratulations! I remember our Pacs was like filling out the change of address at the post office. We even had to do it during my (not yet) husband's lunch break because we, *ahem*, planned really far ahead and got an appointment the day before heading back to the states knowing I wouldn't be able to come right back. Congratulations again!

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...