Monday, 15 June 2009

Did I mention that I've got British TV?

This is actually old news but I realised the other day that I haven't really told anyone about it!

For my birthday, J organised for us to have all the free British channels - that's over 300 (free to air channels) but I've got about 20 in my favourite's list.

We bought a bog standard 60 cm satellite dish, pointed it at the satellite Astra 28.2° (with the help of a professional who knew where to point it), bought a bog standard digital channel decoder, and voila, all my favourite channels - free. No need for a subscription or need to pay the tv fee that my parents must pay. hehe

It truly is that simple and not too expensive. All in all, including paying the pro to point the dish, 140euros. I've seen adverts from companies in Paris selling the kit and installation for a minimum of 450euros.... so I think it's possible to organise this for yourself if you want the British channels.

I watch an enormous amount of French tv, and have no problems following programs, hey, I'm even accepting to watch films in VF these days but it is soooooo nice to keep in touch with what's going on in the UK.

This way, I've got the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...