Tuesday, 28 July 2009

I love Knitting!


This is my 'hate plastic, love knit' shoulder bag that I finished recently. It took me longer than I thought but I'm very happy with the results. It's the first time I've knit in cotton and I liked it a lot! No wool splitting but you have you be careful with your tension. I also learnt moss stitch which is used in the handles and the base pieces to give strength to the bag. Despite the original 'oooh, I'm learning a new stitch', I soon got bored with the repetitive of moss stitch and you have to concentrate a lot. ;o) Difficult when you're a knitter who likes watching the tele at the same time! hehe. The pattern is from the British knitting magazine 'Simply Knitting' which I love and I added a lining to the bag myself and the ribbon binding to give the bag more shape.

What's my next project going to be?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Andromeda said...

Love the bag! I'm working on baby sweaters for various friends, the amount of time it's taking, hopefully they'll be done by Christmas, lol.

au soleil levant said...

Wow! That is a really impressive knitting project!

MilkJam said...

that bag is awesome! bravo!! and congrats on your Picasa skills :-) I see you've learned from a master! ;-)

Emmy said...

Thanks guys!

MilkJam - Yes, I've learnt from a picasa master. I was rather proud of sending the picture straight from picasa to my blog. I worked that out for myself. Much simpler than adding ahem, text.

MilkJam said...

oh, thought of something, have you joined Ravelry yet?? http://www.ravelry.com/

it's GREAT! tons of ideas!!! check me out under milkjam :-)

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...