Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Esperanto? ne. singing? jes. French lessons, oui oui oui!

So, like a lot of things in my life at the mo, Esperanto is going on the back burner as it turns out that I am the only person interested to start lessons and they can't do a lesson with just me there. grrr. There is already one class but they are too advanced for me to join considering I'm a total beginner. I have been on lernu.net though so I can learn a bit on my own! Mi ne Komprenas!! It's refreshing to start a new language and maybe I'll get to go to a lesson sooner rather than later.

On a better note, I go to my first choir rehearsal tonight. They started two weeks ago but wasn't able to go as I was in the UK. That's something to be happy about!

I start my long awaited French lessons on Monday too. We're getting tested and then the lessons will start later in the week. Unfortunately I won't be getting 20 hours a week like I thought, but 5 hours a week. The lessons will last all year and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kind of wanted to be out of here after Christmas. Being only 5 hours a week means I will have to find something else to do also. A job would be nice, but I won't hold my breathe.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is all brilliant! Don't worry about doing an all-year class, you can just run away in the New Year if you want to. For filling time - did anything come of volunteering or getting some work experience in the sectors you're interested in? Can't wait to hear all your news anyway :) xx

Miĉjo said...

Sorry the Esperanto lessons didn't work out.

If you're trying to figure out which Lernu.net course to use, Ana Pana comes highly recommended. I myself learned Esperanto by email, first through a course which gave rise to the downloadable multimedia course Kurso de Esperanto, then through the follow-up course Gerda Malaperis (now available on Lernu.net), both of which I personally recommend.

A couple of regional Websites you might find interesting are Espéranto-France and Fédération Espéranto-nord, especially if you'd like to make contact with local Esperantists once you get a bit up to speed with the online courses.

Plej bonan ŝancon! (Best of luck!)

Mil said...

Hi Emma, Just catching up on your life. I agree with the others that it's very brave to say no to the teaching path if you really dislike it. Uni kids are not easy compared to adults like what Crystal and I do. I'm still floundering a bit myself. Will get myself evaluated just on bio "connaissances" in a written test, but frankly it's kind of a piece of paper and that's all. There just aren't so many jobs in my region. glad at least that you've got so many side projects. You sound very motivated. Keep at it.

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...