Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Heaven is....

...finding a little bit of your homeland on your doorstep. A new British grocery shop opened in Amiens today and I happened to be its first customer! (lets not tell the dude I've been stalking it's opening for a while now!) I was worse than a kid in a candy shop...I was walking round with a grin on my face and I wanted to touch everything! Tea bags, biscuits, and wow, cadburrys chocolate bars and ginger beer!
I bought my favourite biscuits of all time HOBNOBS. As a little thank you present for being the first customer I was also given a pretty jar of lemon cheese. So cool!!

So, tonight I will be mainly eating these with my proper cup of British tea :

6 comments:

Princesse Ecossaise said...

WOW!! Oh my God if only some kind soul were to open a British grocery shop in Versailles I would be a happy camper. You are so lucky! I was pure elated yesterday when I found digestive biscuits AND the chocolate covered ones in our local Champion that just became a Carrefour.

But...what's lemon cheese?

Enjoy the Hobnobs! ;-)

Emmy said...

Princesse, I've already eaten a third of the packet! Lemon Cheese is lemon curd basically, but i bit thicker. Yummy on toast or used in sandwich cake fillings.

Leah said...

Yum! I wish they had those here, I've only seen the McVitie's chocolate covered ones. My fave are the chocolate AND caramel ones. Miam miam, but they don't have those here. I got some in the states for a friend and they were almost 7 dollars!! Lemon cheese is thicker than lemon curd? So, is it like honey consistency or something? Enjoy your goodies!

Emmy said...

Leah - no, lemon cheese has the consistency more like nutella on a cold, but not freezing day. def thicker than honey (assuming you mean runny honey)

Who would have thought lemon cheese woud have provoked such questions!!

Canedolia said...

Do they sell Robinson's Special R? Or even Ribena? If they do, I'm jumping on the train!

Emmy said...

canedolia - I think they do sell robinsons orange squash and ribena. I can find ribena though in the international isle of carrefour and auchan. Have you looked there?

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...