Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Time to deal with the elephant in the room

I know I know, I HAVE been avoiding my blog. It's been ages since I blogged and although I keep thinking 'ooh, I should blog about that' because I'm so behind, I've never got back in the saddle so to speak so it's time to stop avoiding the big fat elephant in the room that is my blog.

I'm now on official holiday. The place where I work has shut up shop for 3 weeks, so is the fashion in France meaning I'm on holiday!!

Over the next few weeks I am going to pre-post some posts so that I can get up to date.

These holidays I'm going to experience my first southern France wedding and will be then going to the homeland for a week. It sure will go quickly..... I don't really feel like I'm on holiday at the moment. OK, I've had a lie-in, PJs til midday, but it doesn't 'feel' like holidays.

Any ideas on how I can get that holiday feeling, and real quick?! It's going to go by so fast, I need to make every bit count!!

1 comment:

Keith Eckstein said...

I've only been to one French wedding but it took me just over a year to recover (still not too sure about the liver though?)

Why not sit in the garden with that book that you know you should read but have been avoiding since university.

For me, it's Ulysses - I've taken it on every holiday I've ever been on but have never got more than 50 pages in. There's something about the weight of it though that helps you relax to the point that the eyes close and, before you know it, you're taking a well earned nap in the sun.

Of course, if you've already read Ulysses, you could always start a little mini blog about a subject that's new to you. For me it would be about Stained Glass Windows or those crosses that you see besides the road. I could quite happily spend three weeks taking photos of those and learning some of the history (and then posting the results on line.)

All the best

Keith

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...