Saturday, 16 June 2012

Solofantastic

You've probably noticed that I don't like posting up photos of myself.  It's a conscious decision to protect myself from my past but it is difficult to maintain especially when I'd like to share things with you.

I've broke this rule for today so that I can share the photograph that was taken of me by the official 'paparazzi' at our recent concert.  I'm so pleased this was taken.  I didn't know at the time and all the photos that my FIL took turned out blurry!  ha.  So, this is a special photo for me.  It represents lots of things.  The amazing experience it was to participate in the Gospel Challenge, the fun and laughter that we shared as a group and most importantly what doing a solo meant to me.

I'm really not an amazing singer.  It's my passion to sing in choirs.  I love how it makes me feel, the teamwork, the 'all for one and one for all' attitude that overrides but I'm not one to want to stand out in the crowd in any circumstance at all.  I was pleased when I was asked to do a solo.  Thrilled in fact, but also terrified!  It's never been on my 'to do' list but I thought it was THE opportunity to push myself and jump out of my comfort zone.  This year is all about that for me.  Getting out there, doing new things for me.

So, here it is, proof that I did it.  That we managed to learn 12 songs in 10 weeks of rehearsals and put on a concert that got a standing ovation.  That I put myself out there and got a hell of a lot out of it.  



1 comment:

Mil said...

So proud of you, girl! That is amazing. Are you planning to continue? It's true you've got to find whatever it is that thrills you. And go for it!

Share me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...